Monday, October 21, 2013

No One Is Here Except All Of Us

I'm captivated by the nature of things in relation to humans. Trees, buildings, street signs.. even animals. It seems like everything else is so still and separate from us. Humans are always moving, always trying to progress, growing, dying, always doing this and that. Even when we're not actively moving, something is happening. Our eyes are blinking, our hearts are beating, our blood is pumping. I mean, obviously the trees and animals are alive and growing too (and I'm sure there's always a lot going on inside of them as well), houses are built and brought down, and even street signs corrode over time. But they're still so.. detached from us. We can't really relate or even communicate to any of these things! It twists my heart in a strange and lonely way. Like it's just us here.. by ourselves. Moving alone.

I remember seeing a book titled No One Is Here Except All Of Us and I think it is a most accurate summary of this sentiment.

No comments: